Tuesday 31 March 2015

L'OREAL: THE NUDES.



Quite a while ago, L'Oreal released a selection of colours by prestigious women that we all know and love - the likes of Julianne Moore, Jennifer Lopez, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Eva Longoria, Blake Lively and a few others. There's been a few collections from these women - most notably, their 'nude' shades and their 'red' shades. I own three of their nude shades - Julianne's, Eva's and J-Lo's - and I have to admit that these are definitely some of my go-to nude lipsticks. 

First of all, Juliannes nude. Julianne has quite fair skin, so I was expecting a relatively pink toned, pale nude. At first swatch, its definitely pink toned - the pinkest of the three. It's quite sheer - but definitely buildable in colour, however I tend to wear this quite sheer as I don't really think I suit a heavily pigmented light pink lip. The longevity of these lipsticks is pretty good - especially when put onto hydrated lips - although these lipsticks are hydrating themselves. They don't dry out your lips or make them look dry at all.

Secondly, J-Lo's nude. Jennifer Lopez is probably Queen of the nude lip - it's pretty rare to see her in anything but a nude lip so I expected good things from this shade. Again - quite sheer, they all seem to be quite sheer but that's a good thing because they can be built up. Swatched on my hand - this is the brownest of the nudes which is why I picked it - since I was a little girl I've loved a brown lipstick as it's something my mum has always worn - that and I'm a 90's kid. I love the fact that you can imagine each of these lipsticks on the woman they're named after - this is such a J-Lo shade and looks somewhat glossy when it's on due to the finish of the lipstick.

Finally, Eva's nude. This is the one I've worn the most and that's because it's a brown shade with orangey undertones. It's extremely wearable and after Velvet Teddy by MAC, it's my second go-to nude lipstick. This is the most pigmented out of the three yet still sheer and buildable which is what I absolutely adore about these lipsticks - as much as I love when a lipstick involves one application and you're done for the day, I love that you can build up as much or as little colour as you want.

This line of lipsticks is such a good idea - I'm eager to try the different styles of red that are on offer from the same ladies. They're drugstore lipsticks too which means that they are easy to get hold of and affordable too!

Have you tried any lipsticks from this range? What ones do you own?


2 comments:

  1. Nude lips are so gorgeous, I need to start getting more involved in makeup trends!
    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that some colours can really wash you out but once you've played around for a while you can definitely find something that suits you.

      Delete