Tuesday 10 March 2015

A DAY IN THE LIFE: UNIVERSITY EDITION.

I thought I'd write my first 'lifestyle' post as 'a day in the life' post, the written equivalent of a vlog I guess. I'm a final year Performing Arts student at university - admittedly I only take three modules, so there are only three lectures a week, but lots of extra rehearsals coming up to assessment. Second term actually works out to be the busiest in terms of assessments and rehearsals! I usually travel to university on a Tuesday and stay over with my boyfriend until Friday, so you won't get any boring train related talk from me today.

So, Fridays. I wake up around 7:30 to be able to shower, get ready and kind of wake up ready for the day. Si has a kind of 'wet room' in his bathroom where his shower is, which I love. It's actually my favourite part of his house! I jump in there, wake myself up in the shower, wash my face (I've been using the Biore Charcoal Cleanser which makes your face tingle which is really good for mornings) and brush my teeth before going back to the bedroom to get dressed.

It's quite sad, but I plan my outfits before I get to Simon's so that I pack the right amount of clothes, rather than not enough or vice versa. I put on whatever I've got with me for that day, and that's when the battle for the mirror begins - I usually get halfway through my hair and Simon gets out of the shower and takes up the mirror to dry his hair! At least we can have fun in the mornings! I eventually get my hair done, I usually just use my GHD's to straighten it, and then I move on to make-up.

I've begun to wear less make-up to university on a Friday, purely because in Vocal Studies (one of the modules I take) we often touch our faces a lot which rubs my make-up off! The less of it I wear, the less there is to rub off - LOGIC! You can see what I packed this week in terms of make-up here, but this morning I just wore my foundation, I bronzed up my face, filled in my eyebrows, put a little colour in the crease, put on some mascara and lip balm (at the moment I'm using the Royal Apothic Tintie in Coral. You can read about that here) and I was ready for the day.. Nice and simple!

The last thing I do before we head off to uni (Si is in my first lecture) is make sure I have everything in my bag - especially my student card, a notepad and pen (yes, I'm old fashioned), and my sheet music folder.

First lecture on a Friday is Stage Management where we've been given a Stage Management team to lead for a specific event/night of events. This is pretty good if you have are organisation/management oriented. We're working towards our events at the moment - some have passed, some are coming up, so we were basically running through what we've been doing, and what we need to do to ensure the night runs smoothly.

Next up is Vocal Studies; which in regular terms is a singing class. Again, we're working towards an assessment which is in two weeks time. We have two ensemble pieces and two solos to work on.. We basically spent the whole four hours practicing and critiquing other groups. We then worked on our solos - I was naughty and decided to change mine, but I was also feeling under the weather so wasn't able to sing properly :(!

After that, I headed through town and back to Simon's house to pack my stuff where we drove home! All in all, this is my busiest day of the week, and even so it's not really that busy.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're super busy! Performing Arts was something I wanted to do for a really long time, I'm glad you're enjoying it :)
    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to be busy, especially with something like performing arts that I really enjoy :). Not long left now!

      Delete