Sunday 29 March 2015

L'OREAL: REALLY A TRUE MATCH?



The L'oreal True Match foundation is something beauty bloggers, YouTubers, make-up artists have been raving about for a long long time, and because of this I've always had the urge to try it. It claims to be super blendable and match skin colour and texture, improving the appearance of skin quality.

I got the shade W3/Golden Beige and it's a really good match - it's a water based foundation so when you pump the foundation out it can be quite watery. Admittedly at first, I hated this foundation - yes, the colour was a good match and it was a good consistency but it was just horrible - it wasn't 'super blendable' as it claimed to be, it didn't even blend nicely when it eventually blended and ended up being a really really light coverage - which just isn't for me. I love a medium-full coverage and this hadn't proven to be that unless I used a lot of it. It just didn't do what it claimed to do, and I was super disappointed.

I decided to put it away and try again a little bit later, and I don't know what it did but all of a sudden it blended well, it was a better coverage (still not full enough but something I could work with without having to use a whole bottle on my face) and it stayed put all day. It looked really nice and I loved the texture and flawless finish it gave my skin. I've ended up using it a lot actually - I kind of appreciate the fact that we didn't get along at first. I always use a Real Techniques buffing brush for my foundation, and it works really well with this foundation - especially when I use the Body Shop Instablur primer.

I'd definitely recommend this, but don't give up on it straight away! Try it, try it with different brushes, different primers and I guarantee you'll find that it works for you.

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment