Sunday 1 March 2015

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS CONTOUR KIT.



I've been meaning to post about this for months. I've had this item since September and used it near enough every single day. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit has been, and continues to be one of the most talked about products on the internet. YouTubers, bloggers, make-up artists; you name it, they're talking about it. Since it's release in 2014, everyone and their mothers have started to release contour kits of their own, but none of them come remotely close to this one.

I purchased this directly from the Anastasia Beverly Hills website and got it shipped from the USA, this was because it was sold out on Cult Beauty and not expected to be restocked until January 2015! I placed an order for this alongside the Brow Wiz and the Dipbrow Pomade - both in medium brown - and impatiently waited just under two weeks for it's arrival.

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit consists of three contour shades - Java, Fawn and Havana, and three highlight shades - Sand, Banana and Vanilla. Each suited to different skin tones and all multi-functional (I quite often double this up as an eyeshadow palette). All of the shades are extremely pigmented and last all day.

I mainly use the shade Java as a contour as I find it suits my skin tone the best but sometimes I switch it up and use Fawn to create much more of a shadow as opposed to a more 'bronzed' contour.  I always always always use the Banana shade to set my undereye concealer and concealer on any high points of my face as I feel that this looks better than a regular powder. The other two highlight shades are pretty, but not enough for me so I like to stick with my Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm.

Other than that - this contour kit is amazing. It's the best investment I've made. Even better than that is the fact that Anastasia Beverly Hills stock replacement pans for this palette so when one runs out - you can replace that one rather than the entire palette. They also sell different shades so the palette is completely customisable when you purchase it.

Have you tried any other contour kits? What did you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment