Saturday 7 March 2015

INSIDE MY MAKE UP BAG #1.

At the moment university is pretty hectic, so I stay at my boyfriends (who lives down the road from the university) from Tuesday-Friday. I pack a small case - sometimes I get away with a backpack but with the amount of stuff I have to transport, a case is easier - jump on the train, and off I go.

I usually know what's going on that week - lectures, rehearsals, and meetings - but sometimes there are impromptu nights out or other plans that I didn't know about, so I always make sure I have the right variety of make-up with me for that week.

This week I've gone pretty light with what I've packed make-up wise. I don't intend on going out but I know I can manage with what I've got; I've packed The Body Shop InstaBlur primer, really good for filling in pores and lines. I used to have the Maybelline Baby Skin primer of a similar nature but it made me break out really badly. I've replaced with this, which is really good for my sensitive, spot prone skin.

Next up I have the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation - I fake tanned last night so this matches perfectly. I love the texture and the finish of this foundation, I've found a lot of Rimmel foundations can be quite orange but this is perfect for me. 

For concealer, I've got the MAC Mineralise concealer, which is my favourite for under eyes. I've got the Pro Longwear but I haven't got used to that yet. This is much lighter to wear under the eyes and doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. 

I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in medium brown almost every single day, so putting it in my make-up bag is a necessity. I really want to get back into using the Dipbrow Pomade however it seems pretty dry at the moment, when I've fixed that maybe I'll give that another try. 

Powder wise I have the MAC Select Sheer Cover pressed powder, I feel like it's not too heavy on my skin and is not a powder foundation, just a setting powder. 

I haven't packed a blush, just contour and that's the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit where I can wear the shade Java. I also use the Banana shade of this to set concealer and the Sand or Vanilla to highlight; without being too obvious, the palette is a really good all rounder. 

For eyes I've packed the Make Up Revolution Iconic 1 palette - a good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palette. I like to use a taupe shade through the crease and then use a glittery shade on the lid and a lighter shade to highlight. The quality of this palette is amazing considering its £4! The colour payoff is incredible and lasts all day. 

I've packed the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, which I've just finished writing a post on! Really good at lengthening and separating whilst really holding a curl. I can see this becoming one of my favourite mascaras ever! 

I've packed a regular black kohl liner to tight line, and the Soap And Glory Supercat Liner for a liquid liner. I love the formula of this, it glides on so easy and the pen format makes it so easy to apply.  I just wish it was waterproof! 

Finally, for lips I've packed an Avon lipstick which is a light pink shade (the name has rubbed off). I love Avon lipsticks purely for how sheer yet pigmented they are. I don't like really pigmented pink lipsticks because they don't particularly look natural. I prefer more sheeny ones, hence why this is one of my favourite pinks. I've paired this with a Soap and Glory Sexy Motherpucker Lipgloss too, I love these lipglosses and the fact that they stay on all day without having really needing to reapply.

That's everything I've packed this week! What's in your make-up bag?





2 comments:

  1. I love the MAC powder, it's my favourite! I just wish it wasn't so expensive :)
    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's expensive, but it's worth it :). You also don't need that much if you just use it for setting or mattifying so it lasts ages :).

      Delete