Tuesday 24 February 2015

ILLAMASQUA LOVING.



I've been drawn to Illamasqua as a brand for as long as I can remember. I love how avant-garde, bright, colourful and abstract their designs are. I love how versatile their products can be. I was very kindly gifted some money for Christmas, so I decided to spend it in the Illamasqua sale. Admittedly, I got these about a month ago, but I wanted to try everything before I wrote about it.

I purchased the Illamasqua Masquara in Raven. This is the blackest, fullest mascara I've ever used. Fact. I love the size of the brush, it gives such a thick, full set of lashes in just one coat. I absolutely love this mascara. If I could live on one mascara for the rest of my life, this would be it. That's how much I love it.

I also got the Illamasqua Skin Base in SB04. I checked shade references on their website, and although SB04 is the Illamasqua equivalent to MAC's NW20, it's actually a lot lot lighter than my skin tone. I feel like I would need at least shade SB06 or SB08 to be able to have a proper match. When I go to London in July I'll be getting a proper match so I can use this foundation properly. I'm thinking of using it under my eyes as a highlight rather than a full coverage foundation at the moment, or maybe mix it with a foundation that's a little too dark. What I have tried of this foundation is amazing though. It's full coverage - which is exactly what I love. However it can make the skin appear dryer than it is - so I like to mix it with a little bit of moisturiser before applying on it's own. I would recommend this definitely if you get colour matched properly and don't go by the charts online!

Next is the Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner. This is the most stubborn gel liner I've ever come across in my life. It's so hard to get off it's unreal. It's a shame it's a gel liner in a pot to be honest because I still haven't quite mastered the application, however when I do get it right, it stays all day. Long lasting, pigmented, smooth. Perfection in a pot, quite literally.

Finally, the Illamasqua Multi Facet palette in Semblance. This contains a cream pigment, a powder blush, an eyebrow cake, a cream contour and four powder eyeshadows - including the most beautiful red toned brown I've ever seen in my life - I love a brown eyeshadow, and the darkest black eyeshadow.  YouTuber Jamie Genevieve has an amazing tutorial using some of these shadows. This is probably my favourite palette at the moment, especially as I travel a lot - everything is in one. The eyeshadows and blush are so pigmented, the eyebrow cake is amazing and the right shade for me too! I haven't really tried the cream products - mainly because I had the wrong brush with me at the time, but I'm getting round to using them again!

I'd 100000% recommend Illamasqua to anyone. I can't wait to keep buying from them!

Have you ever tried anything from Illamasqua?


No comments:

Post a Comment