Friday 30 September 2016

MY ENGAGEMENT STORY.

Disclaimer: We both absolutely HATE this picture.. we're also stood on the wrong side of each other..


On 31st October last year, Simon and I got engaged after three years together. We met at university and we were basically inseparable from the day that we met. Crazy to think that it's almost been a year since we got engaged really! It's gone really fast - honestly feels like just yesterday. 

So on the 31st October we went to a ladies night at a beautiful hotel - there were lots of people there, and a few members of Simon's family. I spent ages picking out a dress as it was an evening dress occasion - Mum came with me and we spent ages looking in our local Debenhams at dresses - I thought I found the one I wanted to wear until we looked on the sale rail and there was one size twelve evening dress - it was beautiful, navy blue and embellished, and much more 'expensive' looking than the one I'd chosen from Quiz. I tried it on and it was an absolute perfect fit - so basically fate that I needed to have this dress. So on the day of the ladies night, my friend came round to do my hair as I'm pretty rubbish at hair, and I did my make up at home before leaving to get changed at Simon's house. All ready, we bundled in the taxi and off we went to the hotel. 

I remember being stood there rather awkwardly, not really knowing many people in the room. Those I knew were chatting away to other people they knew. Simon came over and asked if I wanted to go for a walk - I thought he was being a gentlemen as I thought he could sense I was feeling awkward. Off we went.

We explored the hotel - Simon asked me what my favourite number was and I replied 22 - thinking after three years he would know that. So we wandered to room 22 and he opened the door. For those of you who don't know Simon, he's a smooth talker and amazing at getting what he wants - I thought he'd convinced the concierge to give him a key.. little did I know! I refused to enter the room, thinking that he'd stolen the key, once he'd convinced me to enter the room, he opened the wardrobe to show me that I had clothes there to stay the night.. 

We walked to the back of the room where there was a huge sliding door overlooking a beautiful lake. Si asked me to step outside but I had a feeling I'd fall over and end up in the lake. He continued to stay behind me which I thought was suspicious, When I turned round to see what he was doing, he was getting on one knee! Absolutely crazy! At that moment it was such a blur, I've since had to ask Si what he said (awkward) - apparently he said 'I think I'm supposed to get on one knee now' and then some lovey stuff which I won't divulge - he isn't one to be soppy in public, hence why it was a very private proposal, which I am also very happy about. 

The rest is history and of course I said yes - after some excited phonecalls and calling my parents (who knew all about it, and were the phantom provider of my clothes for the next day) we left the hotel room and entered the dinner hall, where I was announced as Simon's fiancee. The night was such a blur and I'd relive it over and over again if I could. Turns out everyone knew but me - I'd even seen the confirmation email of the order of my ring! 

Crazy to think that in two years we'll be married.. Here's to counting down!




1 comment:

  1. This is such an amazingly romantic story! I can't believe he go the room of your favourite number, that's so incredibly sweet! I hope you two are so so so happy together! x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete