Friday 23 September 2016

WHAT'S IN MY HOLIDAY MAKE UP BAG?

A  holiday make up bag is probably one of the hardest but most fun to pack - not only do you have to take the hotter climate into account, you have to pack enough to last and create as many different looks as necessary. I tried to pack a compact make up bag, and of course, being the over packer that I am, I packed far too much and didn't use half of it!

For a base, I used the Nip + Fab Viper Venom Micro Blur Fix - a mattifying gel primer which smooths the skin - I fell in love with this so look out for a post on this soon! Of course I packed a foundation but never ended up using it - so I used the Vichy Normaderm BB Cream - again something I'd never used but utterly fell in love with. I only used a small amount for the first few days as I ended up getting a lot browner than anticipated. Eventually I was only using the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer - definitely a lot better than I expected. I only used this under the eyes to brighten and blended with a Beauty Blender.

I packed my Benefit Cheekathon Palette to use for blusher and bronzer - this palette is incredible and holds five full size blushers including the infamous Hoola bronzer, Dallas, Dandelion, Coralista and Rockateur. I usually religiously apply Hoola as a transition shade through the crease so this was a must have for me to take with me. My choices of blusher varied from night to night but most nights I used Rockateur or Coralista as they complimented my ever growing suntan the most.

For highlighter there was one choice only and that was the Urban Decay Naked Illuminated in Luminous - I saw it and utterly fell in love, and the gorgeous glittery highlighter is a must for any holiday. It's amazing on the cheekbones and collarbones too!

I mainly focused on eye make up as I wasn't wearing a lot of base due to the fact it wasn't particularly necessary - I packed a couple of Clinique Pop Shadows - Cream Pop and Petal Pop which are two beautiful shimmery shades, one gold tone and one pink tone. I also packed two palettes - one used more than the other and they were the Maybelline Nudes Palettes. I used the darker matte shades to create smokey eye looks each evening. I even used cool tone shades which I never usually do - I'm much more of a brown shadow girl! I lined my upper lids using Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner as it's a highly pigmented black liner that doesn't smudge, and of course because I wasn't wearing a lot of make up the liner really helped to finish the look. I finished by curling my eyelashes and applied a generous coating of the L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt Mascara which I was apprehensive to try but it's one of the best drugstore mascaras I've ever tried.

Brows really help to frame the face and I've been using Benefit's Ka-Brow! which is 24 hour waterproof wear so perfect for those warm summer nights abroad - I set with Benefit's Ready Set Brow and used Benefit's High Brow (again, there really is nowhere else to go for brow product) to carve out the brow and highlight the browbone.

Finishing off with lip product, I hardly used any and packed loads. I used the Kylie Cosmetics Candy K Lipliner, and the Kylie Cosmetics Lipgloss in So Cute as I love that browny nude colouring. I also used Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lipliner in Pillow Talk as it's a gorgeous natural pink colour.

Admittedly, I'd packed a lot more than this but hardly used it - it's definitely a learning curve packing your holiday make up - I think I just got over excited!

What are your holiday make up must haves?


No comments:

Post a Comment