Monday 13 April 2015

THE LAZY GIRL GUIDE: REMOVING MAKE-UP.

I love the feeling of removing my make-up at the end of a long day - especially when I've got a lot on. I usually wear a face full, however today I only wore tinted moisturiser as a base, with some bronzer, filled in eyebrows and mascara - a pretty bare face for me. Although my 'proper' skincare routine is relatively simple anyway, sometimes I like to be lazy and I just cannot be bothered with a full skincare, bathroom job to remove the tiniest amount of make-up (let's face it, we've all been there) so I have a few simple, easy to reach products that I use to remove whatever scraps of make-up are left at the end of the day.

First off - something that's hugely raved about. Honestly, slightly overrated but still a relatively good quality product and that's the Garnier Micellar Water. It's suitable for all skin types - especially sensitive which I completely get as it's so gentle on the skin. It claims to remove make-up, cleanse and soothe the skin, which it definitely does to some extent. I tend to apply generously to a cotton pad and then wipe all over my face to get rid of as much leftover make-up as possible.

I then move onto removing my eye make-up as I feel as though the Garnier Micellar Water doesn't do this well enough for my liking. I use The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye and Lip Make-Up Remover - a bit of a long name. It's suitable for all skin types which is brilliant as your eyes are the most sensitive part of your face, and what's great about this is that it doesn't sting at all. It's also one of those cool formulas where you have to shake to activate it - when you look at the bottle you can see the two different solutions atop of one another which is really interesting. I apply this to one cotton pad and use both sides - one for each eye - to remove my eye make-up.

As a final step, I use the Kueshi Pure & Clean Revitalizing Face Toner. It's aloe vera, camomile and calendula scented which smells gorgeous when you apply it to your face - I would love to apply this all day, just saying. I originally got this in a Glossybox, and I've never looked back. It's most likely my most used product from a Glossybox ever! Again, using a trusty cotton pad, I apply this all over my face and then bask in the scent. I love it. It's gorgeous, and a little definitely goes a long way.

So that's my honest, lazy girl guide to removing make-up - and not a single face wipe in sight (although they do pop into action every now and again).

What do you use when you just can't be bothered to remove your make-up?


No comments:

Post a Comment