Thursday 2 April 2015

THE BODY SHOP: SEAWEED IONIC CLAY MASK



A long time ago I received a sample of the GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Mask - a clay mask that seemed to pull all of the impurities out of your skin, leaving your skin feeling soft, fresh and clean afterwards. A brilliant mask, but for a hefty price tag of £40, it left me looking for the same results elsewhere. This is when somebody recommended the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask from The Body Shop - just as good for a fraction of the price.

The packaging states that the mask is suitable for oily/combination skin, however I have normal/combination/blemish prone skin and it works fine for me. The seaweed mask contains Bladderwrack Seaweed which is well known for drawing out impurities and clarifying the skin - The Body Shop also have a Seaweed cleanser which uses the same ingredients however I'm currently using the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser which is working amazingly on my skin. I tend to apply a thin layer and leave to set until the clay mask dries from a dark grey to a light grey. To remove it, I either use a toner or a hot flannel to remove it. This mask leaves my skin feeling so so smooth and clean, and helps to clear out the blocked pores on my face, removing all kinds of dirt.

I'm so glad to have found an alternative to the GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Mask thats less than half the price! I only use this once a week or once a fortnight - usually after a long weekend of work, but it's definitely made a difference on my skin.

Do you use any face masks? What are your favourites?



2 comments:

  1. I love the GlamGlow mask but hate the price tag it comes with. I will definitely be trying this as an alternative :)

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got a sample of it and even that was quite expensive! This works just as well, and smells quite nice too :)

      Delete