Thursday 8 December 2016

MY FAVE FIVE: CONCEALERS.



Concealers are an absolute must have in my life right now - mainly for blemishes but also for the dark circles that come alongside this rotten cold I have at the moment. Just like my foundations, I have a few favourites and they all really do different things but I love each of them just as much and I'm not entirely sure I could choose between them.

One of my all time favourite concealers is the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer which retails at about £4.19 - one of the many reasons I love it is probably the price - a cheap concealer that actually works is always a good thing in my eyes, but also because of the versatility of the product. It's amazing both under the eye and on any blemishes. The doe foot applicator is small enough to fit right into the inside corner of the eye and brighten the entire area. Collection - well done!

Fake Up by Benefit was the first Premium concealer I ever purchased, not to mention the first Benefit product I ever purchased (look where that got me!) I love the fact that it's so hydrating - so great under the eye as the eye area is so delicate. It's great on blemishes too as it doesn't dry them out! I use the lightest shade in a 'magic v' under the eye and blend out with a brush (or my finger if I'm being quick).

MAC Pro Longwear is popular, a full coverage concealer that's great on blemishes and has amazing staying power. I used to use this when I needed a full coverage stay all day concealer when I was doing long, or double shifts. The frustrating thing with this concealer is that it's a pump as opposed to a doe foot or stick applicator - this means that sometimes it gives off too much product and once it's out it can't be put back! I've learnt that half a pump is the right amount for under my eyes and any more if I have any blemishes that I need covering.

Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealer is another high street concealer that I adore - it's a new find but it's incredible and compact so you can throw it in your bag and go! It's gorgeous and easy to blend. I love this under the eye as the shade I chose is a little light so it gives this amazing, radiant, bright under eye.

My final concealer is Benefit's Erase Paste - only a recent discovery from my work allocation, Erase Paste is a pink colour corrector that brightens and counteracts any blue or purple discolouration around the eye - that means those pesky dark circles. It's quite a thick consistency at first but after some blending it's amazing - hands down my favourite concealer for under the eye.

I love concealers! Have any of you got any favourites?


No comments:

Post a Comment