Saturday 10 December 2016

MORNING SKINCARE: STRIPPED BACK

Due to my use of Acnecide Benzoyl Peroxide Cream (read about that here) my morning skincare is pretty short and sweet and mainly consists of cleansing any dirt out of my skin from the night before. I'm pretty groggy in the mornings, so cleansing my face first thing really helps to wake me up. I tend to let the hot tap run for a while to warm up the water. After a night time application of Acnecide you never know what kind of mess will pop up on my face overnights so a hot flannel has become my new best friend. I lay the flannel on my skin for a while, but also use it to clean away any excess dirt from around my eyes ready to put my contact lenses in.

After laying a hot flannel on my face for a while, and gently rubbing around my eyes, I used the Decleor Aroma Cleanse which is a 3 in 1 cleansing and smoothing mousse to cleanse my entire face. This cleanser is gentle, which is usually what I need in the morning. I rinse the cleanser off, pat my face dry and then apply a light coat of Acnecide. I'm aware that a product such as this can pull any dirt and imperfection to the surface of the skin and that's not something I want to appear on my face throughout the day, so I always apply a lighter amount in the morning. Once the Acnecide Gel has dried, I apply a moisturiser - at the moment it's Benefit's Total Moisture which has Mango butter in which is great for my dry skin happening as a side effect of the medicated cream. 

That's my skin all ready and prepped for make up - or lack of if it's a day off of mine. At first applying the gel every morning and night was a bit of a chore but it's allowed me to get a real cleansing routine. 





1 comment: