Wednesday 24 September 2014

BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL MASCARA

Since the launch of Benefit's They're Real mascara, I've been eager to try it but as a student, I'd never been able to justify it's £19.50 price tag. It might not be a lot of money, but realistically almost £20 for a mascara is pretty hefty! So when ASOS had 25% student discount I took this opportunity to purchase it! As an ASOS premier account holder, I didn't need to wait long as it arrived the next day, which was good as I am the most impatient person when it comes to waiting for parcels to arrive.


 The first thing I noticed was the packaging - it seemed to be a smaller, sleeker mascara than my others - making me consider whether I'd purchased a smaller version than usual - however after doing some research I'm assured that I had purchased a full size. I used it straight away - only applying to one eye at first so that I was able to see the difference. The difference was phenomenal - I have quite long, full eyelashes anyway but after a good curl and a generous coating of this mascara you can see a massive difference.

The mascara itself applied perfectly - it's a very, very intense black. I found that when applied carefully and with precision, it really does work wonders! It's very buildable, however if you try to give your lashes another coat once it's dry, it can create quite a spidery lash effect.

The mascara wand is thick, with plastic bristles, but the best thing about it is definitely the fact that the wand coats 97% of your lashes at once! I've never, ever come across a wand like it. The best thing about the wand is that there is a small set of bristles on the tip of the brush, making it perfect for those shorter, more difficult to reach lashes.

If you're thinking of branching away from the drugstore for a mascara, I'd definitely recommend the They're Real mascara for natural eyes during the day or a much more vampy night time look!

Have you tried the They're Real mascara?




2 comments:

  1. I love this mascara! I got a trial size one and absolutely loved it, I'm the same though I just cant justify the price. I didnt know ASOS stocked Benefit though so I'll definitely buy it next time they're giving out discount. would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy so many high end products on ASOS - Benefit, NARS, Anna Sui, and there's always at least 10% discount which is amazing :).

    ReplyDelete