Friday 26 September 2014

A MAC-MADE IN HEAVEN


I actually have no idea how I've lived my make-up loving life for so long without using a single MAC product, but within the space a month I've purchased three - and surprise, surprise, not a single lipstick in sight.

My best friend dragged me to my nearest MAC counter so that I could get matched for a foundation. I've been using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation for ages and decided it was time for a change. I have normal skin however I rarely get dry patches and frequently break out when I don't have my skin under control. I decided on the Studio Fix Fluid foundation which has an SPF of 15. It's a medium-heavy coverage and is extremely buildable, something that I love. I love to be able to build my coverage depending on where I'm going or how long I'm going to need my make-up on for.   I love the finish it gives, and contrary to popular belief, I love the smell of this foundation. I use a Real Techniques expert face brush to lightly buff this into the skin. I tend to use around two small pumps of this to give the best, most even and natural coverage.

More recently I decided that I wanted a concealer and powder to go alongside the foundation - so I went to a completely different counter and asked for their advice. I actually went along on a naked face day so I couldn't compare the products against the foundation on my skin, however when the assistant tried the concealer on my bare skin I was pleasantly surprised. It's amazing what a little bit of concealer can do! I chose the MAC Mineralize Concealer, it applied so well- although it's not very buildable, a light amount of this concealer gives very high coverage. I use the brush that comes with the concealer to apply a small amount under my eyes and on any areas that I want to highlight or conceal, and then use a damp beauty blender to pat this into the skin. I then set the concealer with powder.

I love to set my foundation with a powder - more often than not I'm wearing make-up for long periods of time such as days out, events or shifts at work so I like to be able to set it. My absolute favourite drugstore powder is the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder but I wanted a more high end alternative. The assistant used the Select Sheer Cover Pressed Powder, and although I was only wearing the concealer beforehand, it really made a difference. It's a light powder that really allows your skin to breathe and doesn't feel particularly heavy on the skin or make you look overly cakey. I use a Real Techniques multi-task brush to apply the powder all over my face, however if I am using the powder to set concealer I'll use a Real Techniques setting brush (Can we tell that I like Real Techniques brushes yet? ;-) )

When these three products are combined, I really feel as though I have a flawless base to work with - I absolutely love the finish of these products. I can't believe I'd gone so long without ever using a MAC product and now that I've really started to build my kit it's definitely a necessity.

What are your favourite MAC products?


No comments:

Post a Comment