Tuesday 8 September 2015

BEDSIDE BEAUTY #1.

We all have those beauty products we just can't live without and some of those live in the top drawer of my bedside cabinet - making them easy to reach for before bed, and when I wake up in the morning. There's not many products are lucky enough to be one of the first things I want when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I want at night but these are the lucky few..



First of all, the most used and definitely most important is a bottle of water. 'That's not a beauty product' I hear you say, but it is. Water has many health benefits especially upon the skin, staying hydrated keeps your skin looking plump and young, which is one of the many reasons I always have a bottle next to my bed. You'll also find the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, used more often than not a a lip balm however it can be used as a thick protective moisturiser and hand cream. I much prefer to use it as a lip balm, however as I love to keep my lips nourished and hydrated, especially when I go to bed. One slick application of this and my lip's definitely aren't dry in the morning. I keep a Witch Blemish Stick there at all times as it's something I swear by for any spots or blemishes - a generous application on top of a clean face at night time and it helps to keep all my unwanted friends at bay! Enough said there really.. Alongside this skincare favourite is my night cream - it's the Simple Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Night Cream, It's thick so you only need the tiniest amount imaginable. I haven't been using it for long enough to be able see a difference yet, which is a reason I keep it in my bedside drawer - to remind me to use it! The final few bits are some scrunchies .. I like to sleep with my hair up sometimes and these are the most comfortable things to wear your hair in (although I feel like I'm secretly reliving my 90's childhood). I also keep two pairs of glasses and my television remote controls for my Sunday night CSI/NCIS marathons..



2 comments:

  1. I used to use the Simple Night Cream but I found that it really irritated my skin! Not sure why but I can't use it and I was gutted! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to find something affordable in case a night cream just wasn't for me. So far, so good! It's a shame it irritated you - did you manage to find something else? x

      Delete